Kale and Artichoke Dip
- 1 (14 ounce) can Progresso™ artichoke hearts, drained and chopped coarsely
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces Greek plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 ounces kale, chopped (about 8-10 cups)
- 1 Package of Tortilla Chips Multigrain
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a large bowl combine the artichokes, cream cheese, yogurt, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup of the Mozzarella, garlic salt, and kale until completely mixed together.
3. Pour into a 1 1/2 quart dish or pie plate. Don't worry the kale with reduce down as it bakes. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Stir and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until kale is cooked. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of Mozzarella cheese on top and bake uncovered for 5 minutes.
4. Serve with tortilla chips.
Parmesan Kale Grilled Cheese
- 2 kale leaves, ribs removed & chopped
- 2 slices bread (preferably organic whole wheat)
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese, sliced
- 1 oz any other melting cheese, sliced
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds, shelled
- Preheat indoor grill or panini press. On a slice of bread, crumble half Parmesan cheese and sprinkle with hemp seeds and garlic powder. Top with kale, crumble remaining Parmesan and place a few slices of melting cheese. Lay other slice of bread on top.
- Place on a grill and close lid tightly. Grill for a few minutes or until grill marks appear, cheese has melted and/or you hear cheese dripping on a griddle. Remove and cut in half with a long sharp knife. Serve hot.
Healthy Kale and Egg Breakfast Cups
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
Author: Holly Sander
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms thinly sliced
- ½ pound hot chicken sausage or sweet if preferred
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 8 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- Pam cooking spray
- 12- cup muffin pan
- 1 1/2 cups egg substitute or 6 eggs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Add olive oil, then saute onion for 4 minutes. Add garlic and saute one additional minute.
Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Then add chicken sausage, and cook 6 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked. Break the sausage up into small pieces. Add sun-dried tomatoes and incorporate fully.
Add kale and cook about 2 minutes, until it wilts slightly.
Turn off heat then stir in feta
Spray muffin pan, then add ingredients evenly to each muffin cup.
Pour equal amount of egg into each cup, filling to just below the rim.
Bake until the eggs have set, about 25-30 minutes.
*Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
*Can be frozen as well. Wrap each egg cup individually in plastic wrap and then tin foil and freeze. To reheat, reheat in a toaster oven or microwave for about 30-45 seconds.