GRILLED RADISHES WITH BROWN BUTTER, THYME, & SEA SALT
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 6 min
Total Time: 16 min
- 3 cups radishes, stems removed and halved lengthwise depending on how big they are
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted and browned
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Sea salt or kosher salt to taste
- Preheat your grill or a grill pan over medium high heat.
- Spray the halved radishes with cooking spray or brush them with a little olive oil.
- Place the radishes cut side down on the grill or grill pan.
- If the radishes are too small to go on the grill use a grill basket to keep them from falling through the grates.
- Grill the radishes for 3-4 minutes per side, they should just start to soften, but still have plenty of crunch.
- Remove the radishes from the grill and place them in a serving bowl or platter.
- Drizzle the radishes with the brown butter and sprinkle them with thyme and sea salt.
All of tree radishes we grow can be eaten raw - sliced and added to a fresh salad. They can also be sauteed in butter with salt, pepper and minced garlic, or roasted in the oven along with any other root vegetables.